Tanning Pre/Post Care
1. Make sure to exfoliate your entire body, paying special attention to the lower half of your legs, chest, hands, feet, elbows, and knees. You can use a scrubbing mitt or loofah. If needed, use a pumice stone on your feet.
2. Avoid using any oil-based scrubs within 24 hours of your appointment.
3. Avoid using Dove products or bar soap before or after your service.
4. If you have extremely dry skin, use an oil-based salt/sugar scrub 36-48 hours prior to your airbrush tan.
5. Do not use any oil-based products within 24 hours of your airbrush session.
6. Four or more hours before your airbrush tan, shower using a non-oil-based exfoliator.
7. All waxing should be done at least 24 hours before your tanning application to allow your pores to close.
8. Avoid applying any oil, lotion, makeup, or deodorant, as they can inhibit the solution from absorbing into the skin.
9. Avoid using any moisturizers, oils, or lotions on the day of your appointment, as they can create a barrier and affect the tan's development.
10. Remove any makeup, including foundation and body makeup, before your session for better tan coverage.
11. If you have any open cuts, wounds, or rashes, it's best to reschedule your appointment to avoid potential irritation or uneven tanning.
What To Wear:
1. Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing to your appointment. Avoid tight undergarments, socks, shoes, or other clothing that may rub off the airbrush solution.
2. During your airbrush tan, you may wear a dark bathing suit, underwear, thong, or whatever makes you comfortable and allows for the most bare skin. Avoid wearing light-colored clothing to avoid staining.
3. If you plan to be tanned nude, make sure to wear a tanning sticker.
4. Apply lip balm, such as Coco Balm, to protect your lips during the session.
1. Avoid activities that may cause sweating or clothing to rub against your skin for at least 8-12 hours.
2. Do not bathe or swim for 8-12 hours after your airbrush session (2-4 for express tans). It is preferable to wait at least 16 hours before using soap. Use only mild body wash.
3. Avoid using harsh soaps before or after your airbrush session.
4. Do not apply lotion for 16 hours after your session. After that, apply only high-quality, non-exfoliating lotion twice a day.
5. Pat your skin dry gently after showering instead of rubbing, as excessive rubbing can cause the tan to fade unevenly.
6. Avoid exfoliating or using harsh scrubbing products on your skin, as they can accelerate the fading of the tan.
7. When drying off, use a towel that you don't mind getting stained, as the bronzer in the tanning solution may transfer onto the towel.
8. If you notice any areas with uneven fading or missed spots, you can lightly apply a self-tanning product to touch up those areas.
9. To maintain your tan, moisturize your skin daily using a non-exfoliating lotion to keep it hydrated and help extend the longevity of the tan.
10. When swimming in chlorinated pools or saltwater, consider wearing a waterproof sunscreen over your tan to protect it from fading.
11. Avoid excessive exposure to hot water, such as hot baths or prolonged hot showers, as it can cause the tan to fade faster.
12. If you're planning a vacation or have an event coming up, schedule your spray tan session at least 1-2 days before to allow the color to settle and any initial bronzer to rinse off.
13. Remember that the tanning product does not provide protection from the sun, so use appropriate sunscreen if you're going outside.
Following these instructions will help ensure the best results and longevity of your airbrush tan. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your beautiful, bronzed glow!